Credit: 4 credits
Prerequisites: Music 403, Music 448 or consent of instructor.
The course will include the following topics:
- basic principles of composition software as defined in early
composition programs (MUSICOMP, ST, PROJECT I and II, MP1, MUSGENER)
by Hiller, Xenakis, G. M. Koenig, Stroe, etc.
- a comparison of comprehensive (black-box) and piece-meal programs for
- a detailed description of
DISSCO, software for music composition and sound synthesis.
- manifold compositions
- aesthetics of computer-assisted composition
Course projects will consist of the following:
- a composition(s) realized with the computer
- an extended article on a related topic
- writing of software for music composition (for people with programming
Enrollment restricted to 10 students
back to Courses |
back to Sever Tipei's home page |
Computer Music Project